We aren’t born with confidence. We learn to be bolder than we think we can be. But what do you do if confidence isn’t one of your personal strengths? You learn to empower yourself! It starts with self-love. There are many small things you can do to increase your confidence through self-love. Get started today with a few of the tips below and journey into a new you who is bolder and braver than ever before.
- Use affirmations. Affirmations can effect great power in your life. Use them to build the confidence and strong beliefs in yourself that you need to drive a powerfully positive life! Repeating affirmations changes your belief set and helps you overcome old beliefs that may have you stuck.
- Reflect on your best qualities. One mistake people make is relying on outside sources to build up confidence. You need to build your confidence from within. Make a list, either mental or on paper, of all of your strengths and best qualities. Are you always compassionate and there for your loved ones? Are you creative? Outgoing?
- Exercise daily. Begin or end each day with a brisk walk outdoors. Exercise releases endorphins, which will aid you tremendously in your self-empowerment goal – not to mention, the body-changing results that come from regular activity will give you a boost of confidence on their own!
- Don’t aim for perfection. No one is perfect! Aiming that high will always leave you disappointed, because perfection just isn’t realistic. Accept yourself now and stop waiting to achieve the impossible.
- Eliminate “can’t.” Stop using the word can’t. Try replacing it with the word “won’t” to remind yourself that you always have a choice. Using such negative, absolute words as “can’t” disempowers you, going directly against your goal.
- Journal your positives. Try beginning or ending the day with journal entries on all the positives in your life and your successes. As you fill the pages, you’re taking time to reflect on all that you can do and have done, and on tough days, you can read through your journal to boost yourself up.
- Try something new. Take a leap and give something new a shot. Learning a new skill or tackling a tough task can be so empowering! Master a new language, learn to paint, play an instrument – the options are limitless!
- Volunteer. There’s no quicker way to be reminded of your ability than by helping someone in need. Whether you walk dogs at an animal shelter, deliver mail at a nursing home or serve food at a soup kitchen, you’ll be making a difference. It feels good to help others and is a natural, positive way to feel more confident.
- Use confident body language. Stand tall with good posture. Keep your chin elevated, and make eye contact with others. Having a confident stance can result in a true boost in your confidence levels.
For more confidence-building tips, contact me, Karen David. I’m here to help you on your journey to a more confident you (and that equals a healthier you).
A nurse for more than 25 years, Karen David is a Certified Wellness Coach and Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist. She brings her passion for well living and calm presence to empower others in health and wellness. Karen is CEO of Live Life Well, LLC.
This article is for informational purposes only. Practices, services or products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please speak with a doctor before beginning any new health regimen.